Our motivation in Shared Hope is what Jesus Christ said was the second great commandment
You shall love your neighbour as yourself
We will seek to express this timeless challenge in the following ways
We will seek to meet the needs of those in extreme poverty. We will attempt in all we do to promote independence and sustainability. To this end we will seek to be a conduit between those who have a heart to give financially and those who have a heart to serve within the communities where they live.
- Work as partners, both with donors and recipients.
- Keep overheads to an absolute minimum.
- Require clear accountability both in terms of finance and project delivery.
- Endeavour to visit each project regularly.
- Ensure clear communication, both to donors and from recipients.
- Work on the basis of financial transparency.